Pink Anemonefish (Amphiprion perideraion)
From The Aquarium Wiki
1.020 - 1.025
8.0 - 8.5
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Pink Anemonefish, Pink Skunk Clownfish, Salmon Clownfish, White-Maned Anemonefish, Whitebanded Anemonefish, False Skunk Striped Clownfish
Additional scientific names
- Amphiprion perideraeus, Amphiprion peridaeraion, Amphiprion rosenbergi, Amphiprion rosenbergii, Amphiprion amamiensis
- Western Pacific: Gulf of Thailand and Cocos-Keeling in the eastern Indian Ocean to Samoa and Tonga, north to the Ryukyu Islands, south to the Great Barrier Reef, and New Caledonia.
- These are hermaphroditic Clownfish. They are monogamous, and host an anemone with one large female, a smaller male and several juveniles. If the female is removed, the male will change sex and one of the juveniles will become the new functioning male.
- Reef tank
- Mixes well
- Similar to the Skunk Clownfish, but the body has more of a pinkish tinge, and there is a slender vertical white bar just behind the eye.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )