Sailfin Brochis (Corydoras splendens)
From The Aquarium Wiki
5.8 - 8.0
- Common Brochis, Emerald Catfish, Emerald Aeneus Cories, Emerald Green Cories, Emerald Green Cory, Sailfin Brochis
Additional scientific names
- Brochis splendens, Brochis coeruleus, Brochis dipterus, Callichthys splendens, Callichthys taiosh, Chaenothorax bicarinatus, Chaenothorax eigenmanni, Corydoras semiscutatus
- South America: Amazon River basin.
- Female is larger and has large pelvic fins. Difficult to breed in captivity.
- They do well with Corydoras. Is a good community fish that thrives well with peaceful tank mates. To avoid stress, keep this fish in groups of 6 or more of it's own species.
- Will take most foods, must be sinking as this fish will eat off the substrate. Will take flake, pellets, frozen and live foods.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Soft rounded substrate or sand, planted aquarium is preferred with hiding places.
- A peaceful bottom-dwelling fish that needs to be in groups of 6+.
- Looks like an over-sized Bronze Cory with rich emerald green flanks. The main difference between this and Corydoras species is it's size and how wide the dorsal fin is. Other Corydoras species usually have 6-8 rays on the dorsal while C. splendens has 10-12 rays.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )