Filament Tetra (Bryconaethiops microstoma)
From The Aquarium Wiki
6.0 - 7.5
- Filament Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Brachyalestes mocquardianus, Bryconaethiops microstoma mocquardiana, Bryconaethiops mocquardianus, Bryconaethiops microstoma habereri
- Africa: Lake Kivu in Rwanda, Ogowe River in Gabon, Upper Congo, Cameroon.
- Not known, females may appear fuller in the belly than males.
- Best kept in shoals of 6 or more in a species tank or with robust similar sized tank mates.
- Will accept most foods but prefers a meaty diet with foods such as shrimp, bloodworm and brine shrimp.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Keep this fish in a spacious tank with open swimming space and some hiding places provided in bogwood and rocks.
- A medium sized shoaling fish, can be nippy.
- An elongate and high-backed fish with large scales and deep silver colouration, the dorsal fin has elongated spines and reduced fins giving it a long "spiky" look. All fins are darker in colour than the body and edged in black. The anal fin also has white edging.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )