Tail-Light Tetra (Bryconops melanurus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
5.6 - 6.8
- Tail-Light Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Salmo melanurus
- South America: coastal streams of the Guiana Shield.
- Not known, females may appear fuller in the belly than males.
- Must be kept in shoals of 6 or more. Can be kept with other similar sized peaceful community fish.
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as daphnia and bloodworm.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Must be kept in a spacious tank with dense planting and dark substrate with some open swimming space.
- A peaceful shoaling community fish.
- An elongate Tetra with silver colouration across the body and translucent fins and a forked caudal. The lateral line darkens to a deep grey towards the caudal peduncle.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )