Barred Mudskipper (Periophthalmus argentilineatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
1.015 - 1.020
7.5 - 8
- Bigfin Mudhopper, Mud-hopper, Silverline Mudhopper, Silverlined Mudskipper, Silverstripe Mudskipper
- From the Red Sea and the east coast of Africa, to Southern Japan, Australasia and Oceania, up to Samoa Island, Irian Jaya Moluccas, and Indonesia.
- Requires close examination
- Mainly insects, including crickets
- Plaudiarium; give space for land to climb on to
- Typical mudskipper behavior
- Pelvic fins lack frenum; little or no membrane uniting medial most pelvic rays; its margin usually convex, occasionally straight, with a black stripe inframarginally and numerous small, white spots posteriorly on fin, no elongate spines; second dorsal spine with single, dusky stripe mesially; dorsal fins not connected by membrane
- This distribution is the widest of all oxudercine gobies.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )