Rathbun's Bloodfin (Aphyocharax rathbuni)
45 Litres (12 US G.)
2-3 cm (0.8-1.2")
6.0 - 7.5
20 -26 °C (68-78.8°F)
- Rathbun's Bloodfin, Redflank Bloodfin, Green Fire Tetra, Greenfire Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Aphyocharax stramineus
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
Males have white tips on the dorsal fin, anal fin, caudal lobes and pelvic fins.
- A peaceful community fish that should be kept in shoals of 6 or more. Should not be kept with predatory fish, nor with fish with long-fins.
- Will take most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as brine shrimp and daphnia.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers a densely planted tank with hiding places as well as some open swimming space.
- A peaceful shoaling fish.
- Bares some resemblance to a Neon Tetra, however, the top half of the fish is rich green in colour and the back lower half of the fish is a deep red to the caudal peduncle. There's also some red colouring on the underside of the head and throat.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )