Butter Hamlet (Hypoplectrus unicolor)
From The Aquarium Wiki
151 Litres (40 US G.)
12-13 cm (4.7-5.1")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Western Central Atlantic: Florida (USA) to Bahamas and throughout the Caribbean; absent from the Gulf of Mexico.
- Difficult to visually sex.
- Should not be housed with smaller fish or inverts.
- Carnivorous; will eat fish small enough to fit in its mouth
- Feed twice a day.
- Reef tank
- Will eat smaller fish.
- Is greyish with blue highlights, and a black spot on the caudal peduncle.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )