Band-tailed Cardinalfish (Pristiapogon kallopterus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
265 Litres (70 US G.)
12.7-15.2cm (5-6 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Band-tailed Cardinalfish, Iridescent Cardinalfish
Additional scientific names
- Apogon kallopterus, Apogon snyderi, Apogon fraenatus yaeyamaensis, Pristiapogon snyderi
- Indo-Pacific: Red Sea south to Algoa Bay, South Africa and east to the Line, Marquesan, and Pitcairn islands, north to southern Japan and the Hawaiian Islands, south to New Zealand and Rapa.
- Requires close examination
- Reef tank
- An oval fish with a pale pink-orange base colour. It has a dark band running from nose to caudal peduncle, fading towards the peduncle. There is also a small dark spot on the caudal peduncle.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )