Picasso Triggerfish (Rhinecanthus aculeatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
322 Litres (85 US G.)
22.9-25.4cm (9-10 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Blackbar Triggerfish, Humu Picasso Triggerfish, Humuhumu Triggerfish, Picasso Triggerfish
Additional scientific names
- Balistapus aculeatus, Balistes aculeatus, Balistes heteracanthus, Balistes ornatissimus, Monacanthus cheverti, Rhinecanthus aculeatus aculeatus
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Difficult to visually sex.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- These fish can be aggressive and will eat inverts around the tank, for that reason this fish is best kept in a fish-only with live rock but not corals set up. Keep only with similar sized robust tank mates, smaller fish may be eaten and shy fish may be bullied.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A highly aggressive and territorial Triggerfish.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )